Thursday, November 24, 2011

My First Thanksgiving!

This is my first Thanksgiving with my family.  It has been a fun day. Mama and Daddy stayed home with us. It seems that the rest of our family spends every other Thanksgiving with their other families, so we can do whatever we want.  We had planned to go camping, but changed our plans.  We have a lot of things we want to do around the house, so that's what we are doing this weekend.  I helped Daddy get the RV ready for the winter.  We put the tire covers on it and then he put the big cover on it.  I couldn't help with that, but watched him from the window.  Then, Mama started our dinner. We had Cornish hens, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls.  Scout and I had some of the Cornish hens.  Yummy!  It taste like chicken to us.  LOL

Scout and I are taking a much needed break before Grandma and Grandpa come over. They are bringing dessert. I am not sure what that is, but Scout says it's good!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Really Likes Thanksgiving

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you had a good first Thankgiving! We watched the parade and dog show with Mom and Dad and had our own turkey dinner. It's been a fabulous day!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Thanksgiving, Joey. Glad Scout was there to fill you in on "what's what."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Joey & Scout- Hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like it was one filled with contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you caught on to the traditions. ;-) I hope your dessert was great!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...