Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm NAKED!

Can you believe it?  I'm only wearing my birthday suit today!   Bunny, my sweet sister, if you don't want to see me naked, then look away from the computer.  Everyone ready?  Here I am!


Mama even took my collar off for the photos so that I would be totally naked.  LOL

My leg has a few sores on it.  It looks pretty pink in some areas and we didn't want to take close ups of that.  I need to get my nails trimmed as they have gotten long in the past 11 weeks.  My leg is quite a bit smaller than the other three.  We expected that.  Mama didn't know what to expect it to look like though.  She says it's a little nasty looking, but not as bad as she had feared.

As soon as I got in the car after getting my bandage off, I started biting my foot.  I didn't know what it was.  I haven't seen it in so long.  It feels so good to have my leg back.  I have to work on walking on my foot in the house.  I do okay outside, but I still like to three-leg it in the house. 

No more socks.  No more boot on my leg.  I can go out in the rain without fear of getting my leg wet.  I can take a bath.  No, wait, I don't want to get carried away on the bath thing.  I'm sure the vet would say that I shouldn't be getting in a bathtub for a several months. 

It's so nice to only have to put my leash on to go outside instead of a sock and a boot. That was such a pain.  Mama and Daddy both got aggravated with me because I didn't want to stand still and I would go around in circles and they would have to catch me and hold on to me. 

I'm very tired this morning.  The vet gave me some pain meds to take for a few days.  He said it will help keep me quiet while I adjust to not having any protection on my leg.  Mama said she would like to stock up on those drugs for the days that I'm a little to wild.  I don't know what she is talking about.  ;-)

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is As Naked As The Day He Was Born

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Joey. I'm so happy for you. Sending you healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, love those naked pictures! Now don't be a wild child and overdo it. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greyt news!!! You look Maaarrvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leg looks great! I bet it will return to normal really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! Lookin' good, Joey. Very bold to post naked pictures on the internet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey, I'm so very happy for you! You look so happy and relaxed. You look pretty good naked! I hope that you go for a lot of long walks and get your leg back in shape in no time!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I know that has to be such a relief for you (and your mama and daddy too)! Take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOOOOORAY!

    Stop on by for a visit!
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joey- you are going to like being naked. Just don't bite that foot!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...