Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm A Big Boy Now

Apparently turning four makes me a big boy.  Mama said it was time for me to give up my crate.  I loved that crate!  She said that I no longer need it and we need to have it ready if our group, Greyhound Companions, needs it for another grey that is hurt or sick.  She took the extra foam that she had it in the crate and put it in my bed, so I guess that will make my bed more comfortable.  It's going to be strange not sleeping in the crate even though I haven't been zipped in it since I learned how to escape from it.

I visited the vet on Halloween.  I didn't wear my costume.  Daddy thought it would be silly, but some of the staff were dressed up, so I think they would have thought I was cute.  The vet said my leg looks great.  I didn't have any sores under the bandage, so that's really good.  He put a new bandage on me and I will have it taken off on the 10th.  If all goes as planned, I will come home with a naked leg on the 10th.  We did receive some disappointing news.  Mama still hasn't told Scout yet.  The vet doesn't want me running, playing or walking without a leash for four months!  I won't be able to play in the snow.  I'm bummed.  Scout has been trying her best to get me to play with her and I want to so much, but I can't.  The vet is very cautious and Mama said we need to do what he says.  Mama promised to take us to the park and on hikes to make up for the no playing rule.

I had a nice birthday.  Mama put a little peanut butter on our frosty treats.  I like peanut butter now, so that was a nice surprise.

After we had our treats, I opened up my present.

Oh, it's a skunk without a head.

It squeaks and it has something that sounds like crackling in it.  It's pretty cool!   I have to remember that my skunk toy is in the house and if I see something like it outside, I can't grab it.

After we played with my new toy, we each had a bully stick.  It was a good day!

Joey
The Greyhound Who Enjoyed His First Birthday In His Forever Home

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome birthday to me! I think your toy sounds really cool.

    Four months?! That's a super long time! I have a feeling that nothing is going to hold you back from playing at least a little bit when that cast comes off, though.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, sounds like you had the best birthday that you could possibly have...except for that four months "no playing" part. And, very good about the skunk...always important to remember that the skunk is in the house and no gettin' one from outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being a big boy now!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Sounds like things are going excellent for you. Very happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last picture! Very funny! I can't believe how long this bandaging is going on... feels like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday, Joey! What a great time you and Scout had. Maybe you and Scout can do some light playing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. We are sorry we missed coming by yesterday. We really like your new toy. It's too bad about you not being able to play for four months - at least your mom will take you and Scout hiking tho.

    Purrs,

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats Joey and Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like yall had a wonderful time. Congrats on your leg and I cant wait to find out on the 10th if you have a nekkid leg :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a nice time. Looks like a pretty cool toy to me! Glad to hear that your leg is mending so well. It will be great to have a naked leg again.

    Yep, those long legs often take a long time to be strong again after what you went through, 4 months may seem long now, but when you are down the road a year or so, you will be glad you took the time to let everything heal well. Soon it will be just a distant memory! :)

    There will be snow again next year!

    Tell Scout she needs to have patience, you just a little while longer before you can romp with her again.

    Scritches to both of you lovely hounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy... whoever is teasing you with a skunk is living dangerously!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday Joey! You are learning about so many new things and it sounds like you had the best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...