Monday, November 21, 2011

Joey...Santa Is Watching You!

Scout here reporting to you about my clueless brother, Joey.  Wouldn't you think after seeing Santa just a day ago that he would be on his best behavior?  I keep telling him that Santa is watching him, but he is not paying any attention to me.  He's not doing anything really bad.  He's just pushing me around.  Mama says he is strong like a bull.  Daddy says he is a bully.  If Daddy is petting me, Joey runs up and pushes me to the side and then he runs off.  He doesn't even want to be petted.  How could he not want to be petted?  I don't think I would ever get tired of getting a belly rub, but not Joey.  He likes them, but he doesn't like to sit still long enough for one.  He's one strange boy.  Actually, I'm beginning to think that all boy dogs are crazy!

Okay, I just have to say it.  Have you seen the size of Joey's tongue?  It's huge.  Mama should crop it in the photo.  It's going to ruin our Christmas cards.  Joey said that if his tongue gets cropped, then my tail should be cropped.  Yes, I have a long tail, but it's not taking over the entire photo!  Boys!

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is On Santa's Nice List Unlike Her Brother

9 comments:

  1. Hi Scout - we've missed hearing from you. We think maybe Joey doesn't realize just what Santa does. We hope that he settles down and stops pushing you around. Maybe he's just hyper because he's feeling better than he has in a while. If we don't see you before Thursday, Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture with Santa came out great! With your long tail and Joey's long tongue it is very balanced. ;-) I don't know what to tell you Scout, it's true some boys are clueless. I bet Joey is really happy to be with you and in a family now, maybe he is just still excited and learning the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picture with Santa! It's way better than the one we got last year. Santa looked like he'd been on a bender, and he was scared to take our leashes. Mom was so NOT amused!

    I knew you'd be on the nice list, Scout!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on guys, I have to make a stand here; we boys are not entirely clueless.... we just see the world in a slightly more challenging way, thats all. Now..... where did I leave my brain cell..... errr.... Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely tell you and Joey are brother and sister. My Freedom and Nikki are totally relating with you today, Scout. They have their challenges with their brother, Casper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear from Scout! Boys are just different.

    :)

    Beautiful photo, I think you both look absolutely smashing!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AND I see that Joey's not on all four feet in the photo. Hope that is going well and he is starting to use it more. Sctiches to Scout and Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Scout - our first Greyhound, Millie, had HUGE ears - I didn't realize how big they were until we were around other Greys - she kind of looked like Dumbo the Elephant - but she was the sweetest girl - our second Grey, Wanda, seems to have a small mouth and her teeth stick out - we call them her shark teeth - she is a very sweet girl also - just unique features to all our dogs - Have a great Thanksgiving - I am going to be out of town - don't eat too much turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have a bully in our house too

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...