Saturday, November 12, 2011

We Are Not Happy With The Time Change

Scout and I are not happy with the time change.  It gets dark at 5 p.m.  We don't get up until 4 p.m.  That only gives us an hour to enjoy the daylight.  Oh, sure, we are up a little bit during the day, but since Mama needs us to be quiet while she works, we sleep.  We don't like being couped up inside so early.  It just isn't right.  Mama is not happy getting up at 4 a.m. to take me outside.  My clock says it's 5 a.m.

I'm not doing as well with my naked leg as Mama would like.  Daddy thinks that it's still weak even though I did my physical therapy like I was supposed to do and I was walking well when I had the bandage.  He thinks the bandage was giving me support and now it's all me.  I'm doing okay, I guess, but it's hard.  We are not going to the park tomorrow because my folks think it would be too much for me.   I'm just going to walk around the yard and do my physical therapy that way.   We may take a ride in the car if there is time, but since it gets dark at 5 p.m., I doubt it.

Daddy winterized the RV, so that means no more camping this year.  We planned on camping on Thanksgiving weekend, but our plans changed.  I'm disappointed, but Mama says we will have fun at home.  I'm hoping I will feel better by then and we can visit some parks.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Doesn't Like It Getting Dark So Early

10 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    That's tough! At least I get to spend time outside with my Human during the day.

    I'm sure it just takes time for your leg to get its strength back. Just try to do a little more every day.

    You'll love Thanksgiving at home. It's always a fun time. My Humans usually go spend that day with family. A couple of years ago we spent it here at the shore and it was special. I liked it cause the Humans stayed home with me and then we went for a long hike.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't like the time change either! Remember you had that cast on for a very long time. It will take a while for things to get back to normal. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't like the time change either cause we don't like to walk in the dark. Give your muscles a chance to build up and you'll be better than new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too bad about your foot. It was a big injury and surgery and you don't want to go to fast. Thanksgiving will be fun, I bet you will get to have some turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad to hear that you got your cast of, but are sorry that you are still a bit hurty. We hope you get used to the time change soon.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Joey...it just kind of seems like a sad day. Sending kind thoughts your way and hoping your leg is feeling stronger soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joey, Mom says it was the same for her a few years ago when she had surgery on her hand. She was forbidden to move her hand at all for six weeks after her nerve repair surgery. When her cast came off, she went out to the car and cried. She said it was surprising how fast she got her strength back, though! She did her exercises every day like they told her and it got better. Your leg will get better, too! Mom says one of their fosters had to go for walks uphill to make her use her leg after she had surgery on it. I am sure you'll get it soon!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things that are worth while often take a bit of time. That leg has been through a lot and getting back to normal won't be an overnight thing. I'm betting that by the time the days have longer periods of light your leg will be much better. Just keep making sure it is getting used. Don't be sad, things will only get better from here. Hugs and scritches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine are feeling the same way

    Stop on by for a visit!
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you. Dark comes much too soon.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...