Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Traded In My Cast....

for a bandage.   Bummer!  I have to wear it for probably three weeks.  I go in to get it changed on Halloween evening.  I think I will wear my pirate hat and see if they will give me some treats. 

I'm supposed to walk five minutes a day, twice a day as my physical therapy.   My leg is all healed.  The doc said that he doesn't take a dog from a hard cast to nothing.  He said I need to build my muscles up again.  I didn't think I would be allowed to start running, but I hoped I would come home with a naked leg.  The good thing is that I'm healed and my sores are healed.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Exchanged His Cast For A Bandage

7 comments:

  1. Yes a pirate hat will get you lots of treats!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you've made progress and the sores have healed. I hope the next few weeks fly by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the cast off. Be a good pirate for momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY, da cast is off!
    Happy Saturday my furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, that is a bummer. But, I'm so glad your sores are healed, that is really great. And, it sounds like the wrap is lighter and you'll be able to be more active. I hope the time flies by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo! A bandage is what Blueberry had. Maybe you can get a little parrot, too, to sit on your hat. With that pegleg, you'll be the coolest pirate around!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...