Saturday, October 1, 2011

Do I Look Different Today?

I look different today. Do you see it? Yep, I have a new cast on my leg. I was supposed to get a new cast on Monday. Last night, I started limping really bad and Mama noticed that my toe was bleeding. The cast was pressing on my toe when I walked and it caused a sore. OUCH! Mama called the vet and he said to bring me in this morning. Mama was nervous last night, but she felt sure that it was a sore caused by my cast and not a pressure sore. My leg has gotten smaller with the cast on it and the cast came down a little more on my foot over the past three weeks and that caused the sore. It still hurts a lot and now I have to take antibiotics again.

We thought I would only be at the vet for an hour, but I was a "drop-off". I had to stay for four hours. It took the vet 45 minutes just to get my cast off. Then, he took an x-ray and put my new spiffy cast on.

Guess what? The vet said that my leg is almost completely healed! We are so excited. He said he thinks it's the best work he has ever done. Mama and Daddy saw the x-ray and said it looks really good. I have to wear the cast for three more weeks though. Mama said it's probably for the best because we are going on vacation soon and she doesn't want me to hurt my new leg. Daddy said I will probably get a lot of sympathy from the other campers. I think that means a lot of petting. The cast will be good protection for me. The vet said I can get on the couch now. He said I can walk more and this new cast gives me a little more flexibility to work my leg. It's still a hard cast though. I guess it's supposed to move a little more than the other one.

My appointment to get my cast off is three weeks from today! Mama is so happy that I'm doing so well.

While I was at the vet, Mama washed my blankets. She said Scout was nervous that I wasn't coming home. You should have seen how happy Scout was when she saw me. She was jumping around and then she kissed me all over. Blah! She got my ears all wet.

I'm exhausted. It was a long day for me. I don't mind the vet's office though. I know everyone there. Mama says it's like my second home. I was there three times this week alone.

Well, that's it for now. I'm probably going to sleep until morning.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is Almost Healed!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I mean, yay for healing up so good. Sorry you have a sore though. I am sure you are all on the countdown now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that sore heals quickly and isn't too painful. It's good news that the xray looked so positive. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news! I'm sorry about your sore toe, but so excited that you can start counting the days to cast removal! I bet you will have an awesome time camping, too. I've done lots of hiking, but never any camping!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say, I liked your new tag! Sorry to hear the cast made an owie. No fun...but it is greyt news about your leg healing so nicely - that is more than wonderful to hear! Wish we could go camping again, our season might be over...we are trying to get one more in, but not sure that will happen. You will have fun camping, but don't hurt your leg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey! What good news! That sore toe made the vet look at your leg with the machine so he could tell your momma that it looks so good. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Joey- sorry you have a sore foot, and that you have to be so quiet. But the couch gives you another nice option.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...