Friday, April 20, 2012

Downhill Slide

Are you watching the countdown banner? It's only six days until Daddy comes home!  Mama says we have a lot to do because we are leaving two days after he gets home. Yesterday, Mama figured out what clothes she wants to take.  She went to the store and bought a few more things.  Last night, she went through the cupboards and purged food that we are not going to be taking because there is just not room in the motor home.  It was food that was already opened, so it couldn't be donated.  Some of it was expired.  Yikes!   She still needs to figure out how the best way to pack the spices and seasonings so that they fit in the motor home pantry.  A trip to the dollar store is definitely planned before they have containers and other things that Mama buys for the motor home.

Mama wants to make us each a new collar this weekend.  It's not like we need them, but she found this material that has the state shapes on it and it seems perfect for traveling.

I heard Mama tell Daddy that I am being such a good boy. She told him that I am walking so much better on my leash.  I'm not whining as much and I'm just being her buddy.  She says it's like I'm a different dog. What?  Was I bad before?  Nah, I'm just happy that I'm off of restrictions and as long as my routine is followed everything is good.

It's a rainy day here.  Mama says we need to walk ourselves, but I think she needs to walk us.  I'm whining this morning because she is not following my routine.  She's going to have to walk us in the rain when we are traveling, so why can't she today?



Mama has been working hard to keep us from being bored.  We took a ride in the car Tuesday night.  We just drove down the old highway.   It was fun even though we didn't get out of the car.  It was nice to get out of the house for a little while.  Scout hadn't been out since Daddy left.

One night, we listened to dogs barking on the computer.

If we are really bored Mama plays hide and seek with us. 

Playing with toys and chewing on bully sticks is always a nice way to spend an evening.

Daddy is more than ready to come home.  He is taking a tour of St. John's Island today.  I think that is what it is called.  He is off on Fridays and Saturdays, but he hasn't had a full day off yet.  It seems like he works later and later each day.  He used to call us around 4:30 p.m., but now it is closer to 9:30 p.m. There is just so much to do there.

Joey,
The Greyhound Whose Daddy Will Be Home In Less Than A Week

6 comments:

  1. So excited for the upcoming adventures! Hang in there, Joey, Scout and Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, this is exciting stuff!
    We love the photo of you looking at the computer Joey, it is strange when dogs voices come out of a box isn't it.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting prepared for the big trip is a full-time job. Good thing you're keeping your mom in line by making her stick to your routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your big trip is getting closer! Mine is, too, but I'm going in a different direction from you. How cool would it be if we met on the road?

    I bet those collars are super cool! I hope we get to see pictures of them if your mama gets them finished!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your big trip is getting closer! Mine is, too, but I'm going in a different direction from you. How cool would it be if we met on the road?

    I bet those collars are super cool! I hope we get to see pictures of them if your mama gets them finished!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...