Sunday, April 22, 2012

Horses, Cows and a Fox - YIKES!


Next week at this time, we will be on our HUGE adventure.  Mama says we have a lot of work to do today.  We need to get serious about packing.  I thought we were getting serious.  She said we will feel better when we have more things out in the motor home.  I feel fine, but I think she will feel better.

We took our morning walk this morning.  We walked down the road with the goats, cows and horses.  The horses were out this morning, so we stopped by and said "howdy" to them.


Yes, you are seeing tractor trailers and boats in the background.  The goats and horses live in a storage yard.  It's kind of sad.

After we visited the horses, goats and cows, we headed back home.  We were looking at our backyard when we heard a rustling sound.  Mama thought it might be a rabbit or a squirrel.  It was a FOX!   Mama said "AAAAAAA!"  The fox looked at us and looked at Mama and took off running.  Sorry, there is no photo. Mama was too busy screaming.  He was a cute little guy.  He was about five feet from us when the screaming occurred.  The neighbors chickens better be careful with that fox around. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Had A Close Encounter With A Fox

7 comments:

  1. We have foxes around here, but the only time I've seen one is one time when I was with Mom and Dad and we were leaving from visiting Grandma's house. He ran across the road in front of us. I was surprised by how little he was!

    I hope your packing gets all finished today and you can relax and count down the days until your daddy's return!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, it doesn sound like it could be bad luck for those chickens!

    I'd like to invite you to be featured on my blog at www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great way to meet new blogging friends. If you're interested you can drop me a line at PBU at comcast dot net.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he was cute. I hope your mama can get a pic next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have seen a lot of animals this weekend Joey! Have you got your packing done? Bully sticks, collars, leashes, toys...done. What else is there to worry about, right?

    Miss Veil

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my whole life, I've only seen a fox once. It is a beautiful memory for me. I was staying in northern Michigan and when I woke up and got my coffee, he was outside my back door. I sat and watched him for a bit of time before he walked off. It was peaceful and very beautiful...no screaming involved (tee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sure the fox was a lot more scared of you all than your mum was of him, lol.
    When our Mum was once walking next to a farm, she saw a fox sunbathing on top of a bale of hay. They are such beautiful creatures.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all. Sorry I haven't been able to call by for a while; I've missed you! You must be getting really excited now about Dad coming home & your trip. I am SOOOOOO jealous of all those collars has made for you and the ones with the different states on are fantatic! Any chance you could stash me in the hold?! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...