Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Routines Are Important

I am a hound that likes a routine.  Mama just needs to remember that and things will go much smoother.  I've really been a good boy while Dad has been gone, but last night Mama changed our routine.   She decided instead of taking us for a walk that she would let me explore the backyard.  I had a lot of  fun doing that, but I wanted my walk, too.  I whined the entire time that Mama was on the phone with Dad.  Finally, she gave in and took us for a walk.  It was dark by then, but I didn't care.  I took my walk and I was happy.  I then went to bed.  See, just give me what I want and I'm a happy boy.

This morning, Mama painted the porch.  She has been dreading doing it because she is really not experienced with painting.  I supervised her from inside the house and I think she did just fine.  She said it wasn't that bad and I guess that's good because she will have to do it again next year.  Our porch isn't covered, so the paint comes off easier than other porches.  Mama thinks we should replace it with the boards that never have to be painted.
Do you see the flag in the background?  It's a flag of me!  Well, not quite because the dog on the flag has brindle patches on both eyes and I only have a patch on one eye. It's pretty close to me though.

The countdown clock is ticking down on my end of restrictions!  Five weeks ago today I had my surgery, so probably today is really my restriction free day, but when I saw the doctor he said it was three weeks from that day, so we are going with Friday.

Saturday, I am going to my very first Meet and Greet.  Scout has to stay home because Mama thinks it will be easier just taking me since it's my first time and I'm still learning to walk properly on a leash even with my harness.  I am going to see people from our greyhound group that made sure I received all the medical care I needed, so I am excited to show them how well I am doing.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Doesn't Like Anyone Messing With His Routine

8 comments:

  1. It always suprises me how much dogs are creatures of habit. Mine tell me what time walks are, when it is time to feed them and when they want to go to bed. They do not like it one bit if I wan't to stay up past their bedtime, so funny!
    Well done for painting the porch, I am hopeless with anything like that.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure if we looked up routine in the dictionary, it would have a picture of a greyhound :) Our deck is Trex, and love not having to paint/stain, but even better is no splinters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the porch looks great! You are doing a good job of keeping your mom on a schedule. I bet your Meet and Greet will be lots of fun!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are excited to go to your first meet and greet! Maybe you will have to add that to your routine too! Maddy keeps everything on schedule here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, these dogs are definitely creatures of habit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, we know about habits here! Obie gets his walks at the same time (or he barks until he get his walks), he wakes us up each morning at the same time (or he barks), etc..do you see the pattern here? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your supervising style, Joey. Sounds like you and Mama are keeping busy and I hope that makes the time go by. I know you will do super at the Meet & Greet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I guess Mum needs a man about the place to supervise the painting... hehe! I bet your meet and greet will be really good fun. You'll have to tell us all about it mate! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...