Monday, April 16, 2012

I Ran!

Remember Mama saying that she was not going to let me run for a while?  Well, I had other ideas.  Today, she decided to cut the grass in the backyard.  As usual, I laid on the deck and watched her. She took several breaks because the backyard is really just a big hill.  While she was taking a break, she said "Joey, would like to sit in the backyard while I take a break?"  As soon as she opened the gate so that I could reach her in the big backyard, I took off running.  It was like a start gate opening.  I know she was scared, but UCME Bubbasparks was once again running. I ran two laps. Scout came out and watched me from the deck.  She cried because she wanted to run with me. Mama said no.  She said it was bad enough that I was running before she thought I was ready.  After I did my laps, I laid in the grass.  It was pure bliss!   Mama is happy that I am not limping.  She said "Well, it looks like your leg held together okay."  


I haven't had a run since I broke my leg in August 2010.  Let me tell you, it feels good to run again.  I have a feeling that Mama will still try to smother me for a little bit longer, but today was fun.

So after I did my run and Mama calmed down, she started cutting the grass in the area that Scout and I use.  It's pretty muddy and Mama slipped and landed on her butt.  She said "Joey, I am not even going to check to see if that is mud or something else on my pants."  Yep, it was better she didn't check.  She finished cutting the grass and immediately put her clothes in the washing machine.  Thank goodness for washing machines.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Very Happy Today

8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Joey! I'm so happy that you ran and had no problems. I can understand why your mom would be worried though. I bet you felt so good afterward and maybe your having a really good nap now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that big smile on your face Joey. Sometimes it feels good to do something you love even when we shouldn't.
    Yikes, hope your mum managed to get those stains out, LOL!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joey! You scared me! I'm glad you are excited to run again, but please be careful. You sure do look happy! Glad Mama is okay after her slip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet it felt good to run again! I know we have been gone for just 4 days and Sadie has been on her leash all that time and today she ran around the yard a bunch! Now you take it easy for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Just stopped by to say "hi" and see how y'all are doing.

    Love that smile on your face, Joey!

    Hope y'all have a great week!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were forced to sneak a run in. Now you might want to listen to your mum and let it rest up a bit. I basically cut the grass when I can't see the presents you guys leave behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good romp, too, Joey! I'm glad you got to stretch your legs and have some fun. I'm glad nothing was hurt but your mama's pride when she fell!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I bet it was a WONDERFUL feeling to get out and run again, stretching out all of those muscles....

    Here is wishing tons more days of doing what you love to do. :) Just take it easy, if not for your sake, then for your Mom's nerves. You sure the heck don't want to go through all you have gone through again!

    Would have loved to see it though! Hugs and scritches.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...