Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm Fine

Joey here to tell you that my fun run didn't cause any real damage to my leg/foot. I do have a cut between my toes and I am sore, but I'm fine.  I was grounded from the big yard for a day.  Mama let me walk around the big yard this morning after our walk.  I got in trouble on my walk because I was pulling really hard.  There were bunnies all over. They were running down the road and two almost got hit by cars.  How could I not be excited?  Mama got aggravated with both me and Scout.  She said that I am a speed boat and Scout is an anchor. After we got back to the house, she took me back outside without Scout and we worked on me walking without pulling. I did really good and I got lots of praise.  I was allowed to go in the big backyard as my reward. 

Mama bought me a new hedgehog on Monday before my fun run.  I love hedgehogs.  This one really has a good grunt to it.  I think it got on Scout's nerves with the grunting.  I'm taking at least two hedgehogs on our HUGE adventure because I love them so much.  I take them outside and that makes Mama laugh. I just like to have them with me.


Mama and I were relaxing on the deck last night and we heard a strange noise in the house. She thought Scout fell or something.  It was Scout playing with the hedgehog. Mama said that Scout never really played with toys before I came along.  I think Scout wanted us in the house with her.  She doesn't really like being outside.

Last night, a fly got in the house.  I hate when flies get in the house.  They drive me crazy!

Well folks, tomorrow is the big day!  Daddy will be home, but not until late.  Mama hopes to take a video of our reaction.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is No Longer Grounded

8 comments:

  1. Love hedgehogs, hate flies. We agree. Make sure you take lots of naps, so you'll be full of energy for your daddy's homecoming tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love hedgehogs too!
    Glad you didnt hurt yourself too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are fine!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids hate insects too! Especially the big ones outside. You be careful and take it easy on the leg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Thank goodness you are okay Joey. You did have a bit of provocation to pull with all those bunnies around.
    Yuk, we hate flies too, Elliot is an expert insect catcher but Mum really has to watch him with the bees in Summer.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x
    ps, hooray for your dad coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joey! My Bernie hates flies, too! Enjoy your hedgehog ... and keep pulling when you see those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are doing ok! Wow, my very first greyhound, Blaze, was a big heggie fan. I have a heggie that sits in my car now, it always reminds me of my Blaze girl. No one gets to play with that one, it is there to keep Blaze with me everywhere I go.

    So glad your Dad will be home soon, I know you will be so excited. And then the adventure begins, you have a lot going on there. I hope you will keep us posted or I sure will miss you!

    Sistertex and Mandy Pants

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you're not grounded anymore. Mom says your mama's description of walking with you and Scout sounds a lot like walking with Blueberry! She's always pulling along behind.

    I will be leaving on my big adventure tomorrow as soon as we pick Mom up from school!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...