Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm Not A Morning Dog


I'm not a morning dog. I like to slowly wake up in the morning. Sometimes I sleep all night in the kitchen and sometimes it is the living room.  Mama always comes in and says good morning to me and gives me an ear rub.  I chatter a little and then she asks if I want to go outside.  Sometimes I will go out and stand on the deck and survey my kingdom, but I rarely do my business until later.  Sometimes I just stay in bed and save checking out the yard for later.  If Mama has opened the curtains, I cover my eyes or I go to the office to sleep because it's very dark in there.  It takes me about an hour to wake up and begin my day.  Mama thinks it's funny that it takes me so long to get going in the morning.  She is a morning person and when she gets up, she is ready to start the day.  I like to linger in bed. 

Are the rest of you morning dogs or evening dogs?

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Likes To Wake Up Slowly

11 comments:

  1. sadie and katie are morning dogs, although they don't have a problem if we sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylie is neither, this dog loves to sleep in and go to bed early! Fred was a morning dog - no doubt about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum would like to know if you would care to swap Joey for Dinah? Now she is an old lady she likes to get up really early to do her business.
    Is Scout an early bird or a late riser?
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joey mate, we are so related. Hehe! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabrina was definitely a morning dog. Apollo and Ava are most definitely NOT! They love to sleep and are disgruntled if we try to wake them up before they think they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freedom, Casper and Nikki are all the same. They have a little energy from about 3:30-6 pm and the rest of the time is snoozing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zephyr and Astro are not morning dogs. Most of the time I have to get them to go outside because I have to go to work. On days I don't have to work they usually sleep in. I've noticed that with the days getting longer Astro has got up a few times to go out, but then he just comes back in and goes to sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beckett and Maddy are morning dogs, but I am definitely NOT. I hide my eyes when the blinds get opened in the morning.

    Miss Veil

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guys get up and do their business, but then it's a mad rush upstairs to get the best spot on the bed to finish sleeping till breakfast time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I had no idea that some dogs liked to sleep in! Mine are always ready to go, no matter what time it is. I took them downstairs at 3 AM once when I had insomnia, and they were on their feet in an instant! The only time they're reluctant to move is if we've had a long hike or a long event of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm not an early riser, either, unless somebody else gets up. I prefer to go back to bed after breakfast!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...