Friday, April 6, 2012

Three More Weeks

Yep, it's three more weeks until Dad comes home. It's one more week until I am off of restrictions. I have a feeling that I'm still not going to be allowed to run though.  Mama is nervous about it. I will probably have to work my way up to chasing bunnies.

My New Freedom Harness is here.  We have pictures of it, but they are on Mama's new phone and she doesn't know how to put them on the computer yet. Mama is very happy with how I am walking with it. She says I'm 95% better. However, I'm still not good enough to allow Scout to walk with us. Scout and I together equal trouble.

This morning, we walked down this road that I love to walk down, but I'm only allowed to do so if I am wearing my harness.  It's downhill and I can really take Mama for good pulling if I am wearing my regular collar.  This morning, we saw goats and horses.  The horses were very interested in me. They ran up to the fence which made Mama very nervous.  She didn't know what they were going to do.  I wanted to get to them as much as they wanted to get to me. Mama took pictures, but they are on the phone, so you just have to imagine it.

Mama left the house on Wednesday with very straight, limp hair and came back with curly hair. How did that happen?   Nope, no pictures of the hair.

Not much has been going on. It's been cool enough to leave the front door open, so I lay in front of it and watch the traffic.  I was surprised when the neighbors chicken appeared in our driveway the other day.



Here are a few pictures that we took tonight. See Scout is HUGE compared to me. BOL

 My leg is looking good. The hair is growing back and my scar doesn't look bad.


Sorry our post is so boring tonight.  I wanted to catch a lizard and talk about that, but Mama wouldn't let me.  She really needs to let me do more so that I have something to write about.

Joey,
The Greyhound Whose Life Has Turned Boring

6 comments:

  1. The horses down the road from us are always really interested in the greyhounds when we walk by them too! They come right up to the fence and blow their lips at us. Beckett makes that same sound when he is sleeping. Your leg is looking really good...not too much longer now but your Mama will be nervous for a while I'm sure. I would be too. Just try not to scare her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom used to live with horses when she was younger. She says they're like big puppies, curious about everything. Unless you were barking at them or chasing them, they probably wouldn't do you any harm.

    I can't believe your mom wouldn't let you catch a lizard so you could write about it! That's as bad as my mom not letting me bring that deer leg home! Sheesh!

    I'm counting the days down, too. We leave for Gettysburg the day before your daddy gets home.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses, chickens and potential lizards...that's not boring. I'm so glad your leg is doing good. I think it is wise that momma is being cautious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet it was funny finding something that was bigger than you and even bigger than Scout!
    Your leg looks so much better Joey!
    Have fun while you are waiting for dad to come back, we are looking forward to hearing what he has been doing while he was away.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you have a nice list of stuff to do once you leg is fully healed. Scout looks so big, you could fit your entire head in her mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound so bad mate, and just think of all the stuff you can tell Dad when he gets home. Hope you'll have some exciting tales about St. Thomas to share with us! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...