Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

We are having a fun day with Mama. We went on a nice walk this morning. I wore my new harness. I walked almost perfectly. It has a leash with two hooks, so Mama hooks one end to the harness and the other end is hooked to my collar.  It seems to work for us that way.  Mama was using two leashes, but that was harder to do.  She feels that having the second hook on my collar is safer in case the harness malfunctions.
After our walk, we had breakfast and then we started cleaning the house.  Scout went to bed while we cleaned.  I like helping supervise the vacuuming and the sweeping. We also did some laundry.  Mama used the Dremel on Scout's nails, but just used a file on my nails. I won't let her come near me with that Dremel.  Mama then started scraping off the loose paint to prepare the porch for its' new paint.  She swept it and then hosed it down, but there are things flying off the maple tree and landing on it.  She hadn't plan on painting it today anyway, but it definitely wouldn't be a good day for painting.

Scout wanted me to post this photo of her. She said she looks like a model.  WHATEVER!  LOL  This is how she posed while Mama was doing her nails. 

Mama took this photo of us last night.  Look, our feet are touching.  Mama says it looks like we are plotting against her. 


 Have you ever had a Peep? We were reading on Greytalk that a lot of hounds like them.  Mama said she might pick us up some tomorrow when they are on clearance. I guess they are not in our budget any other way.  LOL

One year ago today, Mama said that they moved into this house.  She said the year has gone fast. Jack has been gone for almost 10 months and I've been here for 9 months.  It's hard to remember my life before living here.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Having A Nice Easter

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! You look super in your new harness. Scout does look like a model. She looks very relaxed getting her pawdicure, LOL. We have never had a "peep". We usually only get cheese or carrots for human food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that harness! I also like the idea of the leashes being connected to both collar and harness. I have become somewhat of a worry wart these days about my dogs getting away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you all!
    Glad you are getting used to your new harness Joey, we have never seen anything like that before.
    That is a beautiful photo of Scout.
    Mum used to do our nails with a Dremel but we made so much fuss that she has to pay the vet to do them now, haha.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Bernie actually has never eaten a Peep. He hasn't tried one because the humans at our house are not Peep fans. LOL. :-P

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom and Dad found a treat called "Peepsters"....apparently it's marshmallow center from Peeps covered in dark chocolate..they won't share with me though..pfft...thinking good thoughts that you keep getting better Joey, and we still think about Jack..time passes quickly, but he's still missed by alot of people. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if ever two hounds had a look of plotting about them.... hehe! I don't know what a Peep is.... so I'd better go and find out.. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the Peeps. We use a carabiner that connects directly from the leash to the collar ring, in case the clasp malfunctions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like you had a busy and productive Easter. Let us know what you think of Peeps. I must say, I think that Scout does look like model in that picture. I didn't know Jack, but I know your Momma loves him so much. I'm glad you came along to help her, Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And the count down is one. Love the countdown area on your site. Yep you two look like you are making some grand plans there in that photo. Aww come on, you can tell me, no one will know. ;) ;)

    We have some Peeps here, I'm a big fan. I will have Mandy test one and let you know what she thinks.

    You two are a couple of beautiful hounds!!! Love seeing you, take good care of your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that picture of Scout looks lovely! I hope you get to try Peeps. They're pretty tasty. Pink ones taste the best!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...