Friday, January 20, 2012

Darn Bunnies!

As you know, we have a lot of trouble with bunnies here.  We wouldn't have trouble if Mama would let me off leash.  I know I could catch them.  I can get within two feet of them and then they move.  If I wasn't on a leash...well, they wouldn't be laughing at me.  I would show them how fast a greyhound really is.

Last week, there was snow on the ground.  Scout was outside in the enclosure and she was barking.  Daddy was outside watching her and Mama asked who was barking because we are not allowed to bark.  Daddy said it was Scout and Mama was amazed that Daddy was allowing her to bark because he really does not like us to bark.  He said she was barking at the rabbit.  Daddy then did something really amazing.  He took some snow and made a snowball and then he threw it at the bunny and hit it.  LOL  That bunny didn't know what had happened.  The bunny ran into our shed.  Mama was amazed because Daddy was on the deck and it is a pretty good distance to the bunny. 

 The shed that the bunny ran into.

 This is the bunny.  It's not a good photo because it was taken from the deck and it's pretty far away.

 Me watching that darn bunny!


Scout and I being teased by the bunny.  Mama threw rocks at him, but she didn't scare him at all.  We definitely need another snowball to get him.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Plotting A Way To Get The Bunny

14 comments:

  1. Well, Joey, I wish Mama would let you and Scout get the bunny, but I know she has to watch out for your healing. I'm feeling your frustration though. Darn, wabbit! Get out of Scout and Joey's yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunnies are not known to be the smartest thing on the planet for sure! We have them here too. Silly rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also have a problem with bunnies. I used to think they were cute before I got a dog... now I hate the sight of them. I think they really may be laughing at us! I would let Pearl go after them if there weren't safety reasons not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunnies are cute, but can't they be cute somewhere else? I think you need to go mark the perimeter of the yard again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this has to be some kind of torture. Greyhounds living in a yard with bunnies. It will be interesting to see what happens when you are able to go off leash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all,

    The coyotes and bobcats keep the rabbits here in the mountains under control. At the shore the hawks get the rabbits and the squirrels.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can't believe those bunnies, how can they not know there are 2 big dogs there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those bunnies are so frustrating! But their noses are pretty cute when they wrinkle up and sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are really on full alert for the bunnies! Maybe you should learn to throw snowballs too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Jazz used to be the same way! When we moved in with our old cat & guinea pig, we just had to get her used to it. She came along very well. Now with Freedom in the house she behaves herself! But id never let Freedom run around in the yard with her. She still seems to have those urges...

    XOXO ~ Cape Cod Crew

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bunny sure does blend in well. Our bunnies turn white in the winter time. At least you have something to keep you entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I could catch Bunnies too...!

    Please visit my blog to pick up your latest award!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bunny sure is asking for it! Still, we hope you don't catch him as we like bunnies.

    We saw you at Declan's. We're Au, Target and Guido from Malaysia. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My greyhounds stalk the deer and bunnies on the other side of the fence..they do stay out of the yard though..

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...