Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow Day - Part 2

We didn't have much snow yesterday, but there was ice under it and it caused a lot of problems on the roads.  Mama had the police scanner on most of yesterday and there were numerous plow trucks that went off the roads.  Our road is still bad.  They came by and put chemicals on it, but the temperatures were so cold that they didn't work.  It was 17 most of the day with a windchill of 3. That's quite different from Wednesday when it was in the 50's.

I drove Mama nuts with wanting to go outside.  She said "Joey, I don't think you are a greyhound. You are not supposed to like the cold weather.  You are not supposed to want to play for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time.  Are you sure you don't have a zipper on you that will expose another breed of dog?  Mama says I'm crazy, but I think she is crazy.  What dog has a zipper?  So, I spent the day whining because I wanted to go outside and sit in the snow.  Mama gave in more than not, but she says that is going to change. She was nervous each time I went out, but I was good and just walked around and sat in the snow.   Daddy doesn't believe I was a pain because when he came home I went to sleep for the night.


Mama decided that I needed to try on big brother, Jack's pajamas.  I felt silly and Mama said that Jack definitely wore them better than me. That's fine with me.  I don't need pajamas. Scout was scared that she was going to be next one to have to try on the jammies.



 
Daddy is off work until Tuesday!  That means Mama is off, too!  We have a four day weekend!  They are going to the RV show later today.  Scout says they go every year.   Daddy likes to look at the new models and dream and Mama likes to look at the gadgets and maybe attend a cooking show. We will be camping in just a few months!

Joey
The Greyhound Who Likes Snow

9 comments:

  1. I was hoping Mom would get a snow day, but no luck! At least I have her home for a three day weekend coming up. I love going out for a good romp in the snow, so I don't think you're crazy at all! We just have good genes.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey looks absolutely adorable in those pajamas! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey, once again you remind me of Casper. He drives me crazy on the weekends, wanting to go "in and out and in and out." We got about 7" of snow last night. I still had to go to work, but the roads weren't bad. Lake effect snow for today. Think I'm planning a weekend at home. Tell the folks to enjoy the RV show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow days and pajamas. Sounds like a relaxing way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We barely got a dusting here in Michigan (finally, snow!), and I bought a set of pajamas for Guinness last year that won't fit Obie-can't get myself to throw them out yet or to get rid of them, even though he only wore them once and HATED them-we did buy a heating mat to go under his bed that he bequeathed to Oberon though-take it easy on your foot, Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jammies!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cold here too and the snow we got is now frozen hard with ice under it and crusty on top. Makes Mom really worried about us slipping or cutting our feet. I think your jammies are super cute!

    Miss Veil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pjs!! We didn't get any snow..my greyhounds love the snow as well. Maybe next time! Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...