Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have to say that all the stuff about welcoming in the new year seems to be a lot of hype.  Nothing special happened here.  We went to bed at 9:30 p.m. and got up at 6 a.m. and nothing seemed to have changed overnight.  Mama did put up a new calendar today, but that's about it.

Daddy and Grandpa worked on the ramp most of yesterday afternoon. They have the floor of the ramp finished, but we can't use it yet.  It needs to have the banisters and railings put up so we can't fall off the sides.  It looks like it's going to be easy and fun to use.  Daddy has a bad headache today from his cold, so I'm not sure if he will work on it today.

Last night, Mama ordered food from this place called Domino's.  They actually delivered pizza right to our door!  It's the first time that I have experienced that. I didn't have any though.  I was too tired after watching the ramp construction and playing with my football.  I really like that football.

The folks are getting better but there is still a lot of sneezing and coughing going on here.  Mama said they should be all better in another day or two.  I hope so.  It's hard to sleep with all the noise they make.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Thinks 2012 Is Going To Be Greyt!

4 comments:

  1. I remember how excited Jack was to meet the pizza man! I'm glad he comes to your new house. Usually ringing in the new year is done when the humans aren't sick, so it's a little more fun! Mom and Dad went out for dinner and brought us each home a bite of steak to ring the new year in with. I vote for more of that!

    Happy New Year!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I get older, I enjoy a nice quiet night at home ringing in the new year. Pizza delivered is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as the folks get better, I bet you're going to have an awesome New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you all!
    We had a quiet night at home too - apart from all the fireworks going off which we hate!
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...