Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thinking Of Jack Today On His Birthday

Today would have been Jack's 8th birthday.  Mama has been thinking a lot about him and thought about doing a year in review here, but just couldn't do it.  She had forgotten about Jack's birthday until Sunday night.  Grandpa asked how old we all were and that's what made her remember.  Jack would have been a senior today. 

Mama and I had a talk about Jack and I told her that he was my hero.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.  I might still be waiting for a home.  I know Mama wishes Jack was still here, but she's glad she has me, too.  I think that when I make Mama laugh, Jack is probably smiling because he loved to make her laugh.  Heck, yesterday I had her laughing so hard that I thought she was going to throw up.  It caused her to have a coughing attack. 

So, instead of being sad today, we are trying to smile when we think of Jack, my hero, our blog founder and Mama's heart dog.  I'm really hoping I can take over that last spot, but I know that I have some huge paws to fill to do that.




Thinking of you today, big brother.  I hope you are happy with the job I'm doing here.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Hoping To Make Mama Laugh Today For Jack
Post a Comment

Billy Bass Adoption Center

Do you have a Billy Bass that needs a new home?  Flying Fish Restaurant in Little Rock has a solution. They have an adoption center. ...