Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thinking Of Jack Today On His Birthday

Today would have been Jack's 8th birthday.  Mama has been thinking a lot about him and thought about doing a year in review here, but just couldn't do it.  She had forgotten about Jack's birthday until Sunday night.  Grandpa asked how old we all were and that's what made her remember.  Jack would have been a senior today. 

Mama and I had a talk about Jack and I told her that he was my hero.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.  I might still be waiting for a home.  I know Mama wishes Jack was still here, but she's glad she has me, too.  I think that when I make Mama laugh, Jack is probably smiling because he loved to make her laugh.  Heck, yesterday I had her laughing so hard that I thought she was going to throw up.  It caused her to have a coughing attack. 

So, instead of being sad today, we are trying to smile when we think of Jack, my hero, our blog founder and Mama's heart dog.  I'm really hoping I can take over that last spot, but I know that I have some huge paws to fill to do that.




Thinking of you today, big brother.  I hope you are happy with the job I'm doing here.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Hoping To Make Mama Laugh Today For Jack

9 comments:

  1. I've only recently started reading your blog, but I think you're doing a fantabulous job of making your mom laugh. Jack would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog after Jack went to the bridge, but I could tell right off what a special pup he was. I'm sad for you all today, but boy oh boy, Jack did a good job with raising your Mama! Tight hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey,

    Your big brother Jack was a good furiend of mine. I will be thinkin' 'bouts him today too. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Jack and Guinness are cracking everyone up at the bridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Scout. I think Jack would say, "you're doing real good."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet that you are celebrating Jack's birthday. Happy Birthday Jack! I bet you're having a great time wherever you are. You always made me laugh too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, full of love for Jack, Scout and Joey.
    It is wonderful that although you miss Jack very much you have given Joey the chance of a loving home.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom says that first year of things without Treat here was really hard, but that she is glad she had me here for those things. Jack was a special guy for sure, but you are just as special! Besides, you're my brother. That makes you extra cool in my book! Just give your mom some extra leans and love today!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jack always made me laugh too! I miss his stories, but you're doing a terrific job of making everyone smile! After all, there aren't many hounds who can say they made their mama laugh so hard she almost threw up...Jack would be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...