Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Been Here 6 Months!

Today is my 6 month anniversary of living here.(The above photo is me coming home for the first time.)  It's really gone pretty fast considering everything that has happened to me.  I had my surgery a month after moving here.  I stayed in the hospital for ten days.  Then, I wore that silly cast for 6 weeks and then I had to wear that even sillier bandage for 3 weeks.  Mama and I had battles over me taking medicine, but now I love peanut butter, so it's not an issue anymore.

I don't think we are doing anything to celebrate.  Daddy is in Los Angeles this week. I wanted to go, but he said I wouldn't pass for luggage.  Mama said we can break open the big dog sampler pack that we got from Best Bully Sticks last week tonight to keep us entertained since we really miss Daddy when he is away.

We did go to the park yesterday. We saw deer and I got really excited over them. They were shaking their white tails at me.  They reminded me of bunnies with their white tails.  We walked in two different area of the park, so that was really fun.  The new area had all sorts of new smells and Scout and I could have stayed there all day.  We hope the weather remains good so we can go back next week.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Has Been Home For 6 Months

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations mate! Bet it seems like you've always been there now. My 6th month anniversary was Jan 6th, but Mums didn't remember. You obviously have much better parents than me Hehe. Deccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WhooHoo! A busy 6 months and you have settled in wonderfullllly.
    Nummy - we like peanut butter too.
    wags
    ernie,sasha,chica,lucas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy six months Joey! Wednesday will be Obie's tenth month with us (with school, I forgot his six month anniversary..don't tell him)...time flies when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 6 months! You must be so happy to have a forever home!

    XOXO ~ Cape Cod Crew

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference six months can make, huh, Joey? You look like a much happier dog now. Enjoy your treats and it is so good you can go walk around the parks and not have your leg hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Can you believe the nerve of those deer?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 6 month anniversary. I like the 'Wrong Way' sign in the first pic, which means you are driving away from the track and towards your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look much better without your nose in a cage! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Six months is a big milestone! I'm so glad you found the perfect home! I love going to the dog park, too!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is the latest on your leg? Didn't the vet say 6 months and you can run again... so is that about a month away now? Are you using your leg normally?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, my mouth dropped when I read that it had been 6 months already! Time flies when you're having fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 6 Months Anniversary, Joey! I'm glad you found your perfect forever home...a place where you can use your writing talents to entertain and charm us all. We love you, Joey!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...