Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow Day!

It's a nasty day here.  We don't have much snow, but there is ice under it.  Driving is really rough out there.  We have our police scanner on and it's just a mess. The police keep reporting that it is a sheet of ice.  Daddy hasn't left for work yet because traffic is just stuck so Mama told him he would be better off sitting at home than sitting in traffic.  He actually listened to her this morning.  I think it helps that he is hearing all the accidents on the scanner. 

Mama is very nervous about me going outside.  She is so scared that I'm going to get hurt.  Are all Mama's nervous like that?  I've been good and haven't gotten too crazy with the snow.  I've done a couple of dances in it, but no zoomies.  I actually sat in the snow for a while.  It was cool on my bottom.  The cold and snow does bother my foot.  Mama says the Greyhound Expressway will be used on a limited basis today.  It's very cold here and the wind is going to get strong later in the day.

Our bird feeders are getting quite a work out this morning.
I'm already driving Mama crazy telling her that I need to go outside even though I just want to go out and explore in the snow.  She keeps telling me to take a nap.  Who can sleep when it's a SNOW DAY?
Well, Daddy just left for work.  We hope he does okay.  He took our Jeep.  Mama would have liked for him to wait a little longer, but he's stubborn.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Would Love To Be Able To Play In The Snow

9 comments:

  1. Brrrr, stay inside and keep warm!
    You are having perculiar weather, one day it is 60 degrees and then all that snow and ice, weather is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Joey, all Mama's worry like that - I worried all the way into work - took me 1 and 1/2 hours to get from Webster Groves to my office downtown - took all the side streets I knew because 44 was SHUT DOWN! I worried all the time my younger daughter was driving to her job in O'Fallon - she made it after driving about one mph for about 2 hours and I worried until I heard from my older daughter who lives in Champaign, IL with my grandson that she made it to work and Ryan made it to daycare because they have snow and ice also - what a mess - TAKE A NAP - I wish I could - be careful out there - people are crazy, especially with the first snow of the season - I would rather live on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, Yay for snow. Wish we could play in your yard! It doesn't look like we will get any snow in Portland this year :(

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, totally jealous of your now. But I guess with Koira gimpy it would be like you- all that awesome snow and not allowed to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stay inside and stay warm

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had one more day of 60 degrees today. Not looking forward to real winter weather coming. Though the kids do love to play in the snow. Nothing better than a nap on a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting the snow now in northern Indiana. I'm not looking forward to driving to work in the morning. And "yes," all mamas worry, Joey. Sorry, but we do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a quick bit of fun in the snow, but really, I was very happy to curl up with Mom on the couch tonight. We got lots of snow, too, but Mom and Dad still had to go to work. Mom said it was treacherous out there! Be very careful with your leg!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cuz, good to see ya! I really like your new ramp and the video of you sleeping is so cool. Mum says I do lip flobbers just like that too... and she doesn't even need to ask who has gas in our house.... Hehe! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...