Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We survived Jack's birthday.  Mama was sad and cried, but she is much better today.  She said we need to plan to be away on the anniversary of his death because it will be difficult to be here and remember everything that happened that day.  I'm sure that Daddy will be happy to take us camping on that weekend.

I am like Jack in that I love being outside.  I love the deck the way he did.

If I had my way, I would be outside a lot more than I am.  I was outside yesterday and it was 24 degrees.  I just laid in the sun.

Mama said "Joey, it's 24 degrees, get your butt inside."  I was like, but Mama, it feels good in the sun!

Do you like my enclosure?  It's pretty small.  We had it bigger, but it was going down the hill and Scout starting doing zoomies and jumping over the concrete steps and Mama got very, very nervous.  We will increase the size in a few months.  

This morning, there was a bunny in the enclosure.  I swear those bunnies are bold. 

Do you know what?  Dr. Bone, a doctor from the hospital that fixed my leg, was on TV last night.  He was on My First Place on HGTV.  They showed the hospital.  I thought for sure that I would be shown since I was there so much, but it was taped before I even came to St. Louis.  We thought it was pretty neat to see him on TV.  He is one of the people that signed my cast!

Joey
The Greyhound Who Loves Being Outside

8 comments:

  1. Your area looks so nice, you'd never guess it was so cold. I still think of my animals that passed away years ago. I does get easier though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId you make friends with the bunny? Jack will always be remembered, but hopefully not as painful as time passes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of your sweet mom. During certain times, the memories are extra hard. Joey, you look like you're loving your area. I hope you catch the bunny! I know your mom wouldn't like it, but the way they've been taunting you...you deserve a catch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bunnies aren't very smart, are they? We love your enclosure, it's nice that you can get out and enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cool that your cast was signed by a celebrity!

    Oh, those rabbits! They vex me something fierce! It's worst when they hide right at the side of our turn out pen and then take off. We've come very close to getting them on more than a few occasions!

    I sure hope you do get to go camping that weekend! Think of all the fun memories you can make with your mama!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like your yard, although we never want to go outside. We still miss Jack too, but are so glad that your mama adopted you.

    Purrs,
    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What we wouldn't do to lie in the sun!
    Hope you got a nice tan Joey.
    We think that bunny must have a screw loose, lol.
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for pups to be out in the sun- you look so happy Joey!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...